Help for Common Issues
Page Revised: 10 May 2019
As much as we love our Cougars, nothing's perfect. It's a fact of life that we must all do a little maintenance work at one time or another on our cars. Some things, however, are common problems inherent with this body style, and this section deals with them exclusively.
Please keep in mind that the observations given here are simply the culmination of personal experience, professional advice, and shared common knowledge. When in doubt, it is always best that you seek professional advice or at least get a second opinion. We claim no responsibility for the accuracy of the information herein.
INTERIOR & DASH
- Dash Lights / Radio Inoperative
- Gauges Act Erratically
- Gas Gauge Stops Working
- SERVICE Reminder on Digital Speedometer
- Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) Problems
- Power Windows Won't Operate
- Power Door Locks Won't Work
- Gear (PRND21) Indicator Doesn't Line Up
- EQ Power Button Fix
HEATING & COOLING