Page Revised: 28 June 2019
Your Most Complete Source for 1983-88 Mercury Cougar Information
Welcome to the all-new COOL CATS! Since first being published in December 1997, this site has grown by leaps and bounds thanks to information from the community, as well as the accumulation of some key Ford documentation. Whether you're a new owner or a seasoned veteran of these cars, you'll always have a home here.
Our latest redesign reflects a simpler approach, giving more weight to typography than graphics, and introduces more modern base code and technologies (be sure to try the "dark mode"). We're even more compliant with modern browsers and devices now. And we've been recently updating the Modifying and Restoring sections with new and timely content to help repair and maintain your car, as well as going the extra step if you're wanting to restore one. Be sure to check out our new articles!
If you have any suggestions for articles or can help expand upon an existing page or section, let us know! We'd like to thank you for being a loyal COOL CATS visitor, because without you the site is meaningless. We hope you enjoy the experience and welcome your feedback.
Follow us on our Instagram account for exclusive peeks at our car upgrades and builds!
Recent Site Updates
- 2021.06.04 - Updated the Steering Rack page with new info from Maximum Motorsports.
- 2019.08.19 - We created a font based on the nomenclature on our cars! Details here.
- 2019.07.17 - All-new page, Design—A Critical Analysis of the Mercury Cougar's Styling.
- 2019.07.02 - Relaunch of the all-new COOL CATS site.
- 2019.02.11 - New article for the Restoring section, Window Trim Restoration.
- 2018.07.11 - New article about doing a full LED lighting conversion. You'll definitely want to see this!.
- 2018.07.11 - New affiliate, tbirdcougarparts.com.
- 2018.07.02 - Multiple new articles for the Restoring section. Also, a new affiliate, Ron’s Performance Garage.